Sunday, January 11, 2009

Helpful Tips for the New Depression
I love all the experts who are coming out of the woodwork to advise us on how to deal with various aspects of the New Depression (N.D.).  I heard one of them this evening, on a local all news radio station that I keep on in my dog's room to keep him company.  It's a good station; their business reporter, in particular, is an excellent fellow.

This evening we were treated to an expert with advice for the poor people who lose their jobs, and, consequently, their insurance.  The healthcare situation in this country was ridiculous even before the N.D., I hate to even think about how much worse it will get.  We will find out, though.

Anyway, this woman had some simply brilliant advice for people that have lost their insurance:
  • If you have a spouse that has insurance, see if you can get in on his or her plan.  That's some great insight there.
  • Get another job that comes with health benefits, even if it's part time.  Pure genius.
  • Finally, you could always just go to an insurance company and buy an individual policy from them.  I guess with all that money you're not making from the job that you no longer have.  Thanks for that.
My dog kind of cocked his head and gave me a funny look when this was over.  Now he's in his crate, busily studying up on healthcare.  By Thursday, I think he'll be ready to be on CNN.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that dogs prefer classical music. Wait. Maybe that was elephants.

In any event, I've never met your dog, but I feel confident in asserting that he's overqualified to be a CNN host/panelist (though he may want to slum it for the health care package, which I'm told is excellent). I'm relying on memory here, but I think the rankings go like this:

1. Border Collie
2. Poodle
3. German Shepherd
4. David Gergen
4. Golden Retriever
5. Doberman Pinscher
6. Anderson Cooper
7. Shetland Sheepdog
8. Labrador Retriever
9. Bill Bennett
10. Rottweiler

I'm pretty sure neither Rick Sanchez nor Lou Dobbs made the top 50.

tadcranky said...

I think my dog (who's a puggle) would definitely have to be ranked above David Gergen. So far, suggestions that he's come up with to avoid health care disasters are a) don't get sick, and b) try not to lose your job.

That's a good point about classical music, I'm not really sure why I subject him to all news (although we do like the business reporter).